This Orzo Salad is one of my favorite recipes, not only for it’s simplicity but intricate mix of flavor. Great for parties or a simple side dish, the basil keeps the pasta feeling ‘light’ and golden raisins really add an unexpected sweetness to the tangy dressing. People love it!
Ingredients $25.00 (8 Servings)
- Lemon Juice 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves 2-3 units
- Basil (about one bunch, or 1 cup, divided) 1 unit
- Sundried Tomatoes julienne cut 1/2 cup
- Orzo pasta 2 cups
- Artichoke Hearts (about two cans) 28 ozs
- Golden Raisins 3/4 cups
- Pine Nuts toasted 1/2 cup
- Green Onions 3 units
You could very easily purchase store-bought hummus to save time, but it’s so much more fun to make your own!
- Combine first 5 ingredients (lemon juice, mustard, garlic, 1/2 cup basil, and olive oil).
- Use food processor or hand mixture to puree ingredients until smooth and emulsified.
- Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Rinse well in cold water. Transfer to large bowl and toss lightly with olive oil to prevent grains from sticking.
- Drain and cut artichokes lengthwise into 6 wedges, add to pasta with raisins, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 julienned basil, and green onions.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss evenly to coat.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper. Transfer to serving bowl.
Can make in advance, remove from refrigerator 30 min prior to bring to room temp.