Celebrate the 57th Presidential Inauguration with this favorite recipe from President Barack Obama himself! Great to help curb the winter chill for you northerners, or a tasty meal to have prepped for Gasparilla in the Tampa Bay area this weekend. Just substitute Morningstar veggie crumbles for ground meat, and feel free to sprinkle some vegan cheese on top, if desired. (Source: Huffington Post)
Ingredients $15.00 (4 Servings)
- Onion chopped 1 unit
- Green Pepper chopped 1 unit
- Garlic Cloves chopped 3 units
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Morningstar veggie crumbles 1 lb
- Ground cumin 1/4 tsp
- Ground tumeric 1/4 tsp
- Ground oregano 1/4 tsp
- Ground basil 1/4 tsp
- Chili Powder 1 tbsp
- Red Wine Vinegar 3 tbsps
- Kidney Beans 1 can 14 ozs
- Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add thawed veggie crumbles.
- Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
- Add red wine vinegar.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm over rice, or by itself (feel free to add vegan cheese if desired).