This simple vegan snack is a variation on Café Gitane‘s Avocado Toast, recommended to me by my friend Daphne in NYC. I love that it is ridiculously easy to prepare, healthy, cheap, and it uses only four ingredients that most of you probably have sitting around the house.
Ingredients $2.50 (2 Servings)
- Whole Ripe Avocado 1 unit
- Whole Lemon 1 unit
- Whole Grain/Sprouted Grain Bread or Tortilla 2 units
- CRP (Crushed Red Pepper) 1 tbsp
- Toast your slices of bread. No need to toast your tortillas. But I suppose you could, if you want.
- Slice your avocado in half (without cutting your fingers) and twist out the pit.
- Slice your lemon in half.
- Scoop out half of your avocado in the middle of one of your slices of bread/tortillas.
- Spread evenly with a knife or spoon.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top.
- Sprinkle half a tablespoon (or more or less, depending on how spicy you are) of CRP over your avocado and lemon juice.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for your other piece of toast/tortilla
- If you used tortillas, roll them up. If you used bread, don’t roll them up.
- Eat both portions for yourself.